Monday, March 7

This is why I don't go out anymore

7-Eleven
I entered a 7-eleven to pick up a drink. While I was passing up the drinks, I saw from the corner of my eye...NACHOS! I ripped the plastic bag the nacho chips were in so I could add some cheese. I poured the cheese on top of the nachos and covered it with a lid. All the while, the lady at the counter is watching me closely...I have no idea why...maybe she's concerned I will make a mess...maybe she's concerned I will sneak a chip into my purse...who knows! Anyway, I came up to the counter with my drink, chips, and wrapper. I noticed a garbage can behind the lady and asked her nicely if she could throw my wrapper out for me. She then gave me a "look", pointed to a garbage can by the door and told me I could do it on my way out...this is why I don't go out anymore.

Post Office
I went to the post office to drop off some mail. I also needed more stamps so I went inside. I purchased my stamps and placed my mail neatly in front of me on a nice, large, counter and placed my stamps on my mail. There was a strange looking man across the counter putting stamps on his mail as well. He finished placing his stamps before I did and then just stared at my mail...it was a very obvious glare. I wondered if I did something strange. I dropped the mail in the mailbox and the strange man dropped his off at the same time. How queer. I headed towards the door very quickly...I thought the man was going to follow me out, but he walked towards the mailbox. He kept opening and closing the door of the mailbox...this is why I don't go out anymore.

3 comments:

tyggergirl said...

You'd love my commute!! I walk through the pedway and there's this homeless guy that does the Kate Winslet pose from Titanic. The one where she's draped across the sofa. In the beginning I'd look and see his beer belly. I don't look anymore. I'm afraid. But I make sure that I know where he is!

Jason said...

You are a sensitive person, so other people's insensitivity is hard for you to bear. Try not to take is personally though, most people have done zero amount of self reflection and their assumptions are not based on any intelligent process. It’s really not about you. I tend to react as you do towards rude people, but my wife has shown me that you can also meet them head on. For instance, in the post office she would have probably went up to that person and asked them if there was some reason that he was staring at her. In any case, don’t take it personally. You have a right to be out in the world!

QueenWanydala said...

I just wanted to be clear...I didn't literally mean I wasn't going to go out anymore...the purpose of my blog was to express the disenchantment I find interacting with inconsiderate and obsessive/compulsive people, in which I have no choice but to interact with. I'm sure there are things about me others find annoying, but c'mon, the trash can was right behind her! She could have just taken my wrapper and thrown it out for kindness sake! And I would never dare bother a psychotic man at the post office by asking him what his problem is. He literally opened and closed the mailbox door several times.