Friday, April 22

First Time

My sister's wedding is coming up next week! I can't believe how fast it came. I love her to death and am so happy that she's happy. I think my mom and I are more anticipate of her wedding day than she is...(we've dreamed together of many wedding scenarios), none of which is going to compare to the real deal...it's going to be so beautiful...my sister is going to be so beautiful...Alex is going to be so beautiful (he he he).

Anyway, the title of my post isn't in regard to my sister getting married, it's in regard to me getting my hair colored at a salon for the first time. An important day such as the wedding should call for me to look somewhat decent. I just had poor experiences with salons. My mother used to take me to her hair stylist (an aquaintance's apartment bathroom) who did awful things to my hair. Plus, my mom used to cut, color, and perm our family's hair in our apartment bathroom. Funny moments. The few times I went, my haircut was pushed back for more important clients or the stylist gave me a football helmet. They really like to round out the ends of my hair for some reason. And the other time, my sister took me to Ulta on my birthday for a short haircut...which was alright, I came home and fixed it.

Mario actually has online appt. booking for such introverts as myself. There were so many options to choose from...I thought highlights were highlights. So I booked myself for a color/partial highlights. I hope I chose the right option. Apparently, it will take at least an hour! Jeez-louis! But I am very nervous since I have no clue who is going to touch my frothy hair or how it will turn out and because I'm plopping big bucks for the service. The last time I colored my hair, it came out "orange"...some were nice enough to say "caramel". Thanks. I usually do a good job at home, but the last time was a disaster.

No comments: