Thursday, April 7

Nosy Neighbor

I've become the nosy neighbor! If one of my neighbors gets a new car or has visitors, I know...I don't know how I became this way. I need help. Anyway, my backyard neighbor recently had a baby and the only way I knew this was because I saw a stroller parked by their patio door. At first, I thought they invited a friend who had a baby. But I've been concerned because day after day after day, the stroller is parked outside just in front of their patio door which is left open. I said to Jae jokingly, "I hope they didn't leave their baby in the stroller." because Beamer (their dog) was sitting right next to it. And Jae made the most lamest excuse, "maybe they're airing it out."...whatever. Then as I'm having lunch today, Chloe starts barking up a storm. I went to see who she was barking at, it was the dad...and he's staring into the stroller! Is there a baby in there? How odd. Normally, I'd be tempted to call DCFS, but I've met the mom and she seems like a really nice person...always waving hello and talks to Chloe when she's outside...nor do I hear the baby crying. Jae and I don't care too much for her husband though. Hmm...I must investigate some more...or Jae and I just need to plant some bushes.

2 comments:

debbie said...

ha ha... i think i have the same problem. every time i hear a car door open/close, i look out my bedroom window (which faces the street) and watch to see who it is and what's going on. it's kind of fun, though. no?

tyggergirl said...

as long as you're not a noisy neighbor, you're a-ok! and besides, someone has to look out for the children in the neighborhood.