Tuesday, June 21

Pool Party

Ellie and I were finally able to take a dip in the pool. It was nice and sunny...very hot. Ellie was eager to step into the water...it's barely knee deep for her. Chloe also wanted to get in but only managed to get half her body inside.

I added some boats and frogs into the pool but naturally, Ellie showed little interest in them. What should I find her playing with but her fat, white, chalk! She kept dunking it into the pool. Chloe seemed to think the chalk was meant for her to fetch and kept plunging her nose into the water only to pop back out and shaking the water off of her face and onto Ellie and me. We retaliated by splashing Chloe back. Then Chloe proceeded to drink the pool water...then Ellie tried to drink the pool water..."No! Jhee jhee!", I told both of them. Ellie looked confused as if to ask "why are we playing in water I'm not allowed to drink from?" Ha ha ha.

I found the whole morning to be delightful. Although we were sitting next to tiny bugs and Chloe hair, I was just relieved Ellie did not pee or poop in the pool. God is good all the time.

4 comments:

EJ said...

What a wonderful day to be out in the pool. Are you planning on swimming lessons for her? Kids just love the water!!!

debbie said...

isn't it great how it's the simple things in life that make us happy? i'm glad ellie didn't pee or poop in the pool either. ;)

Caffeinator said...

I'm glad Chloe didn't either.

debbie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WANY!!!! YOU'RE THE BEST!