Thursday, June 9

The Rubberband...

I thought I'd make a tie-dye shirt for Ellie, so yesterday, I had the shirt and dye, but couldn't find any rubberbands. This meant I'd have to search the messy rooms in the house so I headed up to Jae's computer room. Surely I will find rubber bands there! Not one stinking rubber band! I started searching the floor and corners by the book case, then I hear Jae come upstairs with Ellie... (jae in blue) (me in orange)
"Can you put her to bed?"
"Did you guys watch the sleepy scenes?"
"Huh?...Yeah..."
"Did she (Ellie) watch the dwarves go to sleep?"
"She watched the sleepy part."
"But did she watch them go to sleep? She needs to see the dwarves go to sleep."
"Oh...no, we didn't watch that part."
I took Ellie and brought her downstairs to the tv so she could watch the dwarves go to sleep. Ellie said goodnight to the dwarves, daddy, and chloe. I took her upstairs, put her in her crib, covered and kissed her goodnight.
"Nite mommy"
My search for the rubber bands continued into the garage. I braced myself. You see, our garage consists of everything on earth except the car. I had to walk around floor boards, a table saw, a deep fryer, a hand-saw, more plywood, illuminating christmas deer, and so on and so on. I couldn't handle the mess and just HAD to clean at least enough to make a walkway visible. I don't know how long I was in there putting/throwing things away, but I made it out there alive and well.
Jae came downstairs and looked at the garage...now somewhat clean.
"That's impressive."
"Yeah...I just had to clean. Can you believe I didn't find one single rubber band in there?"
"I believe it."
A moment of silence...
"I like how you put the garbage cans by the door. We can actually throw the garbage bags into the cans instead of the floor."
"All you have to do is put things away or at least put them on the shelves."
"Or finish the floors in the foyer. I guess I should finish putting up the cabinets too."
"Why don't you?"
"I can't find the studs as easily."
A moment of silence...
Jae patted my back and said, "good work." as if I'll forget about the cabinets...

1 comment:

Caffeinator said...

well wany, goes to show if you wait long enough to do something...eventually it gets done one way or another. I was referring to the garage...and maybe the cabinets...and maybe the foyer...he he he...