Sunday, October 16

Last Blood

I went to my doctor's office last Friday to get my blood drawn for the very last time, I hope. Only the nurse couldn't find a vein in my arm, so she went for the hand. I have to say it was worse than getting an IV. Now, my hand is bruised. Why are my veins so small? I tried to drink as much fluids as possible the night before, but my veins hate needles too, I guess.

As soon as I get the results back from the blood work (in a week), my doctor said it was safe to start trying for a baby again and wrote a prescription for prenatal vitamins. Under normal conditions, I would have jumped for joy at the news, but because I've been held captive in the mornings by Ellie, the thought of getting up 3 or 4 times a night to feed a baby just seems rediculous! Yet the foolish side of my thoughts can't wait to add another addition to the family.

It's strange...I finally have the green light, yet I can't release the brakes.

On a childish note, I am so pumped to get Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith.

4 comments:

EJ said...

How cool to have sisters pregnant at the same time! Then again, is it really a good idea - all those hormones!!! I am glad to be so near my end!

tyggergirl said...

Little body, little veins.

Congrats on the green light for another kid!! Tres exciting! Green just means having the option to go. Options are good. =)

Anonymous said...

More Lim-Park kids in the world = a wonderful thing.

:)

Un

Unknown said...

c'mon, wany...just look at all the old photos of ellie when she was just a little tiny thing...don't you just miss holding that itty bitty bundle?

but i totally understand your putting on the brakes...ain't no way MY body is producing another yung'un until the current one can walk, is potty trained, sleeping in her own bed, dressing and feeding herself, and speaking in ENGLISH as opposed to her current halfhour long orations in jibberish...goodness gracious, that might not be until i'm FORTY!