Wednesday, April 12

Guilt, tricycle, and oatmeal

What we did today...I was misinformed by someone that it would rain today so I had already set my mind last night not to spend any time outside. Having a 2 year old, it is crucial that we go out in the sun every chance we get, especially after the long winter months, but since I had already set my mind not to go out, we didn't. I am a sad parent. While my dog spent hours in the yard chasing Frank and a few new birds, Ellie and I lounged around the tv set munching potato chips. But hey, I did open the windows and let the sun shine throughout the house, so it was sort of like we were outside, only we were sitting comfortably and being entertained.

How I feel...Honestly, I feel horrible about it all, so I have set my mind to take a shower and enjoy a beautiful day at the toy store tomorrow. But I don't kid myself to think there won't be a tantrum with a toddler at the toystore so I hope grandma will not be busy so she can accompany me...all of this so I can buy her first tricycle! I wonder if Ellie will like it. If not, I'll just buy another bag of sand for her sandtable.

Something new I learned about Ellie...it takes her 25 minutes to finish a 12 inch breadstick. No wonder she's so skinny! She is burning the calories she's eating as she's eating! I gotta learn that trick.

Other recent news about Ellie...she has had diarheea for the past 2 days. Yesterday consisted of a spontaneous bath and laundering of the couch, my shirt, and her shorts. I think it may be oatmeal.

1 comment:

slacker said...

I don't buy the oatmeal theory... I'm thinking banana milk... You know those Korean grocers are not always good at keeping things at right temperature...

buying tricycle without me... somehow as a father that makes me sad. but that's ok. I'll get over it.