Monday, May 7

Grocery Ethics

I was at the grocery store with Ellie to pick up a few items and as I rolled into the soda/chip aisle, the corner of my cart accidentally knocked 2 glass bottles of Snapple onto the floor, one of them rolling to the next aisle, the other smashed into pieces. It made a huge mess. I can only image how horrified I looked cuz Ellie started consoling me, "It's okay Mom. It's okay." How sweet is she? Okay, do I keep rolling along the aisle or should I tell someone? Tell someone. I found the nearest check-out attendant and told her I knocked over some bottles and made a mess in the soda aisle. She glanced at the aisle then yelled into the speaker, "Clean-up in aisle 7-A!", then turned her back on me. Sheesh! Embarrassing.

It was finally time to check out, only I ended up in the 15 items or less lane. I wouldn't have even noticed if the couple behind me hadn't asked me if I was standing in the express lane. I told them it was 15 items or less (it looked like they had about 20 items). Discouraged, they headed towards the longer lanes. I looked in my own cart and realized I had 17 items. What should I do? I decided to put back 2 bag of chips. Darn it. I'll have to go back for those spicy popcorns.

Overall, I felt pretty proud of myself. I'm glad I was able to show a bit of integrity in front of my daughter at the grocery store. Hopefully, I have set a good example.

On a completely unrelated topic, Mariano Rivera blew another save and is balding to boot! I didn't realize how ugly pitchers look (Pettitte) without their baseball hats. This makes me think I should wear a baseball hat permantly. It may improve my appearance and demeanor. Anyways, it's become frustruating to watch Yankees play...dumb calls by blind 2nd base umpires cost Yankees their lead in the 8th inning. I could almost taste victory.

1 comment:

Alex Maidy said...

I almost supported your distaste for pitcher hair until I saw you call them baseball hats. CAPS, Wany, CAPS! If I heard you call them hats in person, I would have shouted CLEANUP ON AISLE LIM and then turned by back on you. For shame, Wany, for shame...