Tuesday, October 2

Time

The baby is finally mobile which means I have time to sit and think about what I want to blog about. I've been doing this (sit and think what I want to blog about) for the past few months and just couldn't find the energy to type cuz most of my energy went into actual thinking. Most days I feel like a robot, just doing things without thought. I can assemble a Playtex bottle and sippy cut in my sleep.

Kate's hair is out of control. That's all I have to say about that.

Ellie is adjusting to preschool fairly well. It took her 3 weeks to open up, but her teacher told me she's finally speaking out more and becoming involved. Jeesh! She's already made a couple of friends and she tells me her favorite time of preschool is gym/outdoor time, which is really ironic considering how clumsy she can be. What kicks me in the ribs is that she's really really good at ballet, I mean she's got potential. She's so graceful and engaged in her movements, you can see in her face that she really thinks she's a butterfly when she dances like one. My drama queen. Then she'll head her way to the kitchen and bump into the wall on the way or jam her toe on the table leg. I just don't get it. Anyways, there's another girl named Ellie Lim in her ballet class. I think her full name is Elena or something like that, but they call her Ellie. For some reason, I was terribly upset by this. There can only be one Ellie Lim...like there's only one Wany Park. I'm sure there's another Kate Lim out there somewhere...okay, if we have another girl, I'm going to name her Mable.

The summer's been filled with lots of pool parties/vacations. I enjoyed all of them and want to go swimming now, but being in a swimsuit made me want to hide. I'm going to buy a stationary bike and start working out. My goal is to get back to size 4 and/or lose 35 pounds, which ever comes first. I'm so out of shape, I could barely swim 2 laps without throwing up. But Jae is so funny. He could barely finish one lap, he said towards the end of the lap, he started to panic cuz he couldn't see how much further he had to go (he's legally blind in many states) and his arms and legs were burning. It sort of makes me feel good to be better than him in something other than laundry and making rice.

More thinking to do...

No comments: