Thursday, October 2

"Hmm..Whatever."

If you haven't gotten it yet, Ellie's a reading Phenom! I bought $100 worth of books for her at the bookstore. Why? Because she's a reading Phenom and I felt guilty.

I was supposed to pick her up from school, but I had Jae do it (he was working from home so I can take Ellie to the dentist without Kate the Great) since I had to get ready to run errands. She was very upset and refused to forgive me. I gave her a few minutes to chill out and again, I begged at her knees to forgive me and she says, "Hmm..Whatever." Ouch. "I'm still upset with you." I can understand...a promise is a promise and I promised I would never break a promise. The turmoil between mother and daughter begins!

Well, she did great at the dentist again then we headed to the bookstore where I bought her love back. Ha ha ha.

Then we go to Toys R Us (guilt still looming) and she asked us to buy her a scooter. Jae said something to the fact that Ellie expressed if she wanted something, we were suppose to get it for her. Oh no, she didn't! I told her she needed to work for it, that if she completes her reading log for the month, we would gladly get it for her. 360 minutes of reading a month? Actually, she reads at least 30 min. every day so it's a breeze for her, but she just doesn't know it. It's the waiting that kills her. But she'll cherish that scooter even more when she earns it, right? =) I'm still not sure if I've got this parenting thing down...or ever will.

No comments: