Monday, December 29

My Loss

The girls had a fantastic Christmas. Our spoiled daughter has handled gift opening with much more grace. Kate was just glad to open a gift of her own! =) Yet again, she managed to open Jacob's present. I think we will just leave it.

The funniest thing...Jae and I were talking about New Year's resolutions...one of his resolutions was to be able to touch his toes without bending the knees...he's got 2 more days to stretch those hamstrings...a very "reachable" goal. Ah...Jae's dry humor.

My blood work came back negative (normal) but despite it, I've decided to go ahead and get an EEG and a Neuro-Psych. Evaluation, just to be doubly sure to check the memory loss. I also need a yearly check-up. I don't know why, but I've all of a sudden becomed panic-struck over my health. Is this my early mid-life crisis? Hmmm...

Sigh...I'm not getting any younger either. I've been coughing for 3 weeks now...to the point where I'm now starting to fart when I cough and my stomach muscles are getting an unwelcomed workout. A loss of bodily function. Blah. I can't get 2 straight hours of sleep. My eyes feel hot.

It was quite depressing to watch the Broncos lose once again. Humiliating. I got so depressed, I decided to take a shower...then thought of more depressing things...like missing my dad's company as I watched the Broncos bury their own grave and also how my dad's face is missing from a family portrait we recently took and how I wished I could say, Happy Birthday to him, but can't.

No comments: