Monday, November 23

Officially 2 weeks

There are 2 more weeks til D-Day or due date. Jae and I had a couple of scares this week. I was feeling contractions on a pretty consistent basis for a few hours on Monday and then again for about 7 or 8 hours Saturday night. The contractions weren't strong or close enough to warrant a trip to the hospital...we were just waiting at home. I got tired, fell asleep, and when I awoke, the contractions were gone. I guess this is what you call false labor. We were quite disappointed, but to see the silver lining, these false labors has forced us to pack the diaper bag, and buy a going home outfit, blanket, and baby book for the baby.

Saturday night, we told Ellie and Kate that they might wake up to see their new baby sister and Ellie began to quickly make a card for her. It read "Welcome baby Isabella." Jae wasn't too thrilled. I thought it was funny. Under the quote, she drew a picture of me and herself holding her baby sister with a little bubble coming out of her mouth that said, "Awww." She's so excited.

All Kate wants to do is feed the baby. It'll be interesting to see how Kate reacts when this little one arrives to say the least. She's all of a sudden lost the ability to walk, talk, eat, or sleep without the aid of Jae. Of course Jae has no memory of when Ellie was this way before Kate arrived. =)

I can not wait for this baby to arrive. I can't wait to hold her and feed her and hug her and smell her and take pictures of her with her sisters. I'm trying to do everything I can to get these contractions to become more productive.

Jae's been busy tiling the bathroom floor. "It's taking longer than I thought." Duh! But I didn't say that outloud...just gave him that look. The tile cutter we got is pretty neat. I always see people cutting tile on home improvement shows, it's nice to actually own one. The one we got isn't huge or elaborate, but does the job.

After tomorrow, Jae will be working from home as long as he doesn't have any meetings which would require him to go into the office. I am looking forward to it.

Got my h1n1 flu shot. It hurt!

No comments: