Wednesday, March 30

Shoe Strike!

Well, I was hoping for a better day today. We started off well...then she wanted to go outside and play with her water table. But she refused to put on her shoes! Then I calmly explained (like she actually cared) that she couldn't go outside without shoes...it's just the rules. "Your feet will get dirty or you might get an ouchy! Let's put on your shoes and we can go play." It was such a beautiful morning too. She refused and threw a tantrum. Oh my! So I walked away from her. Thank goodness Jae came downstairs and rescued me. At that point, I didn't know what to do. I felt mixed feelings...he becomes the good guy and I'm the bad, but I was just glad Ellie calmed down. It was so funny...she gave me the dirtiest looks I've ever seen! Ha ha ha! She can not make feel bad...she's too cute even when she's angry with me. But I suppose I shouldn't be laughing at her or belittling her feelings...my mom does that to me all the time! I hate it.

So we tried another attempt to go outside. I'm not sure what exactly changed, but Ellie was so cooperative. We ran around with Chloe, threw some tennis balls, played with Beamer (backyard neighbor's dog), played in the water table, and walked around. We had a lot of fun, although Ellie had a tendency to want to walk near Chloe's poop.

1 comment:

tyggergirl said...

What in the world is a water table? Do I need one? =P