Tuesday, April 5

Today We...

When I worked in daycare, one of the responsibilites from teachers was to provide parents some form of information regarding their child's activities throughout the day...it was a newsletter called "Today We..." written from the child's perspective. I thought it might be cute to publish some posts in the same way about Ellie since most of my posts so far have been about Ellie but it will be titled "Today I...".

Today I discovered what water can do. I can fill a cup and pour it back out just for fun or I can pour the water for a purpose. I discovered that plants need water. Today, mommy showed me a plant in our house that was neglected all winter long. It was very dry, brown, and droopy. Mommy told me if I water the plant and give it lots of sunshine, soon pretty flowers will bloom. So mommy helped me water the plant and it was so much fun, I wanted to do it again and again and again and again but water started dripping down from the bottom of the plant! Wow! Did you know that water also makes fun puddles for me to jump in? Mommy wasn't too thrilled about that...so we decided to water the plants outside of our house. We also poured some water into my sand table. I found out that water makes the sand stick to each other and my fingers. I did not enjoy that feeling too much though. Sand is much more fun when it's dry in my opinion. We came back inside, and mommy let out a terrible moan! She found some water on the laundry room floor. I guess water can seep into tiny spaces and make mommy very unhappy.

1 comment:

EJ said...

I bet if you take all the talking she does to herself it would come out exactly like that. Can't wait to hear the words really start pouring out and forming. You can tell that she has a lot to say!