Tuesday, August 2

Day..........I've lost track

I got back from a trip to Maryland. It was quite a nice visit. Ellie's naps were no different there than it was before, except yesterday...the day we left. She napped for 3 hours and could have gone longer if we didn't have to wake her to catch our flight.

She was quite amazing on the plane. She was very excited to look out the window and said "Bye airplane." (other airplanes still parked on the airport) as we took off. She noticed the clouds below her and seemed to be awe-struck..."cowds" (clouds) and she pointed at each of them as they flew by.

I think when parents take their children on vacation or just away from home, the rules of parenting go straight out the window. Ellie ran around with her cousins for half the day while the other half was spent watching tv. She was rocked until she fell asleep and shared a bed with me, which was no vacation for me. I've got bruises on my ribs. When did she ever learn to Karate kick in her sleep? Jumping from the couch and fireplace must have strengthened her legs over those short days.

She did "let" me feed her a potato chip every so often if she wasn't busy eating a cookie from Grandma. But I was shocked to find bright green poop from her diaper today. It was literally that color. She either devoured a green colored food product (which I assume it's main ingredient is sugar) or Maryland water turns your poop a nice shade of lime green.

2 comments:

Caffeinator said...

green poop isn't all that uncommon...oops, sorry about that, too much info...he he

Unknown said...

hi wany--

i hope cadence does as well as ellie when we take her on the plane for the first time in a month to seattle...as for her sleeping, the babies of the world must be in cahoots cuz cadence has been extremely fussy about sleep for about the past 10 days...i SO need a good night's sleep...hope things are going better in your house!