Tuesday, September 6

Invasion of the Husband

I recently "asked" Jae to...okay, I recently restricted Jae from using the upstairs bathroom in the hallway. We mainly use it when Ellie takes baths, but since she's starting to wash her hands and brush her teeth, I decided to clean it top to bottom. That there just tells you how much I clean.
Jae used to brush his teeth and clip his facial hair in there, but I said "no more". It was in a pretty bad shape. How did it get this way? I remember long ago when I had a room of my own. Everything matched...from the picture frame hanging above my bed to the bag of potpourri (sp) hanging from the doorknob. Now, there are rolled up socks in almost every room, gunk of hair gel in the sink, facial stubble on the sink and periodicals and mail and coupons spread across every table. There is never enough toilet paper, and just after I've cleaned a room, it looks as if a tornado has crossed it the very next day. Our house has a "funky" smell to say the least and you can almost expect what should be there not to be there and what's not to be there there.
I am lucky if I'm allowed to purchase bedsheets that match or comes in sets. Jae says it costs too much and is not worth the price. What can I do? I'm sure my sister has complaints of her own, but she is lucky to have a husband who told us this weekend that he looks for things to vacuum. Are you kidding me? I say give him chocolate every day!
Considering that I don't clean very often, I am also very fortunate to have a husband who doesn't expect me to clean either, or maybe he does but is too wise not to say it. Most times, we will both stare at the mess and give each other the "you do it first" look. I just have to learn the fine art of nagging without sounding like I'm nagging. I gave up most hope when my threats seemed to have little effect on him, but I've recently heard of the "reward" system. It worked for a little while...and that's all I have to say about that.


Have I also mentioned the countless number of wires, twist-ties that come with the wires, software that required those wires, games that required more software or wires, and computers that roam our house? Have I mentioned the many pairs of speakers stuffed into a closet? Have I also mentioned the many many many "one too many shoes for a guy" shoes stuffed into the closet which is also stuffed with his many many "one too many outerwear for a guy" outerwear? And don't even get me started on the purple room.

3 comments:

Caffeinator said...

you might wanna do that blog word verification like jae and myself, cuts down on the junk comments like that subaru one you just got...

duksim is the polar opposite of what you just posted (cleans every weekend)...me? well, let's just say it's a good thing she has a sense of humor. but, she's already given up on my tendency to collect things...they're slowly and surely crowding us out of our condo...

slacker said...

I blame Chloe for all these... It's not my fault. Blaming others... it's the American way.

Caffeinator said...

doesn't really matter if one has lots of muscles or not...lugging a car battery around is not an easy experience...those suckers are much heavier than they look, trust me...good biceps workout, in case your interested (he he)...