Wednesday, August 31

Chez Ellie Salon

I've got a full day spa running here for my daughter. Ellie's recently dealing with an ingrown toenail resulting from refusal to get her toenails clipped. Her doctor advised us to soak her feet 3 times a day in warm bubbly water for about 10 minutes and then apply bacitracin ointment on the area afterwards.
Thanks to a wonderful birthday gift I received last year, Ellie is now using my foot massage tub. While she sits to soak her feet, she gets books to read, snacks to eat, and something to drink. When the time is up, her feet are dried with fresh towels and nursed with her ointment. She's also receives daily hairstyle, face/skin treatment, and semi-homemade meals.
If Ellie were able to work, I'd charge her big time because of the added joy of changing her diaper, but since she can't work for currency, I make her pick up things around the house. She gives me that classic "look" as she does them just as her daddy when I ask him to pick up after himself.
The services provided to Ellie are for Jae as well....except the diaper. That's gross, but I do replace the toilet paper roll EACH and every single time, only to be left toilet-paperless myself like this morning.

3 comments:

Caffeinator said...

so when can I stop by for my spa treatment??? I promise to give you that "look" too...

does jae leave the toilet seat up as well? just a thought, going along with that toilet paper roll thing...

debbie said...

boy, do i miss being a baby. not that i remember, but i'm sure that was the best time of my life...

EJ said...

No wonder we love being so pampered with spa days. You're starting her off well!!

Do you take reservations? I'll pick things up for you too - or have baby pumpkin do it.