Tuesday, September 20

Tempted

I just found out one of my college friends had her baby over the weekend! So exciting. I think she and I were considered the last of our bunch to get married and have kids. Isn't that strange how life turns out?

I can't remember what the first few days with Ellie were like. The sleep deprivation erased all memory, but I remember the feelings...just pure joy. I'm tempted to have another baby soon. Now that I'm almost in the clear, the idea is tangible and appealing. Just one more visit to the doctor and blood test.

But I'm not a fan of getting up every 2 hours to feed or change a baby. I'm living the good life now, even though I may complain about tantrums and nap struggles. Ellie had a horrible tantrum before nap time today, but turned into a sweet flower in the afternoon. She seems to have harder days when Dad is working from home. She wants all his attention all the time and I become cold rice once again.

I do hope we have another girl, only cuz Ellie just has way way way too many baby clothes! It's also a cute notion to have 2 girls...sisters are always nice to have. I would have loved a little brother, but couldn't imagine life without my sister. Everyone needs a sister!

And speaking of sisters, it will be a race to see who will get pregnant first! Yeah, I'm competitive that way...(sigh)

2 comments:

slacker said...

I am destined to have all girl family.

EJ said...

Sisters are GREAT. I love having all of mine.

Of course our family consists of all boys (Tim, 3 cats, and now baby boy). I think I'm destined to be the odd woman out..hee hee