Tuesday, October 25

Props to Smokers!

What I really mean is that I give props to all those smokers out there who are trying to quit. It ain't easy! Not that I'm a smoker, but I am trying to cut down on caffeine and it's killing me. How sad, isn't it? I thought cutting down on McDonald's was tough...wait, it's a close tie. Ok, so what I really mean is that I give props to anyone who is trying to quit any behavior that's turned them into a slave for it.

It's day 3 and I'm already halucinating. Seriously, every hour is a battle and it doesn't help that when I walk by the kitchen (hundreds of times a day) the coffee pot is always half full...just tempting me...smirking at me...sending wisps of aromatic bliss...it's calling me..."Aw you poor thing. Ellie keep you up all night again? You look like you could use some coffee. Take a cup. I'm fresh!"

Speaking of sleepless nights, Ellie still has a fever, but it's curious cuz she's not presenting any cold/flu symptoms. But if she has another day with a fever, I'm calling her doctor. In the past, if Ellie didn't come down with minor cold symptoms like a runny nose, it was usually an unusual illnes like a UTI at 4 months and then it was Croup when she was just under 1. I'm worried.

1 comment:

jon said...

I quit smoking pot years ago because.....uh...I don't remember why, I quit smoking cigarettes because my doctor said that I'm getting emphazima (sp?), but coffee? That's too much to ask. I love coffee. I need coffee. It's all I have left in this world. You can't have my coffee.