Wednesday, January 25

Flattery Will Get You Nowhere

After a long, one sided discussion of what's going on in Lost, Jae started to drift off. I could tell when his head hit the table and pretended to sleep. "I have no idea who or what you're talking about." Then I said, "We just saw that episode last week!" Sigh. I will have to save those discussions for hyungboo.
Anyways, we decided to play Gin Rummy. It started out as an innocent game...something to occupy the little free time we had when Ellie slept. Of course, I was kicking butt and Jae says, "Lets play to 500 pts." But when the score was in his favor in the 300's he says, "Lets play to 400 pts." We wound up playing to 500, but he kicked my butt towards the end. It was my head that was resting on the table at the end, "I feel so defeated." Jae must have felt really sorry for me because it almost seemed like he made up a game on the spot so I could win it. The sad part, is that I lost that one too. I can't even win a made-up card game. I'm pathetic and my husband is way too competitive.
So Ellie has not touched her potty since the day we started potty training. I'll excuse this deliquency due to the fact that she says, "Mom? I love you.", or "Mom? You're punny (funny)." out of the blue. She melts my heart and is saying a lot of interesting things, other than flattering me.

4 comments:

slacker said...

I'm not competitive... I just don't like to lose...

Caffeinator said...

so what kind of game did jae make up? maybe he fixed the made-up game in his favor - hey, you never know! next time, *you* make up the game and see what happens...he he...

debbie said...

if ellie keeps up with her strategies, she'll be wearing a diaper when she'll be wearing a diaper for many more years to come. so charming, she is.

jon said...

I have watched LOST a few times now, I'm a little behind. I like the story line about the computer room or house, but hate having to wait for some of the other story lines to get out of the way! JUST GIVE THE GUY HIS HEROIN AND GET BACK TO FINDING OUT WHAT'S UP WITH THE COMPUTER!!!!