Tuesday, August 1

To make much of food

I made theeeee best watermelon slushi yesterday with my new blender. Just watermelon and ice...so pure...so sweet...so good...so refreshing on a 100 degree day.

The baby shower was a success. An adorable diaper cake and fantastic music, which were provided by my sister's friends, put the finishing touches on the day.

My sister got a lot of big ticket items on her registry and then some cute clothes. The weather was so hot, there was no need for folding tables, but the chairs we purchased came in very handy. I was really concerned we wouldn't have enough food or space for 20 people, and again, I over estimated food and was left with tons of leftovers which I shared with my family. We will be eating sandwiches for the next 2 weeks.

The potato bacon pizza was a big hit and got a couple of requests for the recipe. I was told my sister and I should go into the catering business...I'll cook the food, my sister will do the baking. Ha ha ha ha...that reminded me of what Jae said to me the other day when I suggested he start another profession...he said that once it becomes work, it's no longer fun. I guess it can be true, but I hope it isn't.

Maybe I'll put more thought into this...Bachelor in Elementary Education...catering food business...interesting...maybe I'll cater for childrens' parties.

3 comments:

debbie said...

mm! maybe you can make that for my moving day. sounds delicious!

Caffeinator said...

potato bacon pizza sounds awesome...gotta try that sometime.

Unknown said...

LOL! i read the first line as "i made theeeee best watermelon SUSHI" and i thought eewww! i guess i need to work on my reading skills. but watermelon SLUSHI sounds absolutely yummy!