Thursday, September 21

ER

Am I the only nerd who still watches this show? I have to admit the storylines aren't that interesting anymore...I think it's the way the characters are not developing. I just have no interest in them. Anyways, their season premier is on tonight and I'm quite excited to see it despite the banter I just unleashed about it. This show should have been gone 2 years ago. Lord knows why they signed a contract for another year (this season). Like many of their patients, ER needs to be put to sleep to preserve some dignity.

Having said that, I watched a bit of Grey's Anatomy (season finale) last night. I don't understand what all the hype is about. I know a few good people who love love love this show. I guess it's like an "ER" for the younger generation. I just didn't find the dialogue to be "real". Too much talking/explaining, not enough acting. I guess you could say Lost is the complete opposite of that...too much acting, not enough explaining...after 2 seasons, the only thing we know for sure is why the plane crashed, but then if the producers explained every mystery, every clue, every background and its relevance in the first couple of years, no one would watch it. That's the whole premise of the show. But they could at least explain what the black smoke is all about. 2 more weeks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ER was one of my guilty pleasures when we still had cable. when i was confined to the home the last month of my pregnancy, i would watch it every morning on TNT. i LOVED TNT. ER, a couple hours of law and order, judging amy...those were the days...

Anonymous said...

I dunno why I like Grey's Anatomy so much... partly McDreamy, partly 'cause the cast is young and almost relatable. Maybe I should lend you my season 1 and you can get hooked too :)

Un