Friday, September 1

Instead

I can't believe how fast Ellie's vocabulary is growing. Sometimes, it seems like conversing with a one year-old...she babbles and babbles. The next minute, she throws out words like, "instead". Jae asked her if she wanted to go to the zoo with him and Ellie looked at me and asked, "you want to go to the zoo with me instead?" I think Jae would have been more heartbroken had she not pulled out a new word. We were too amazed to feel bad.

Then around nap time, I told Ellie after she finishes her game on the computer, it will be nap time. I went to the bathroom, came back to find her playing another game. I guess she knew what I was thinking cuz as soon as I got near her chair, she said, "I'm almost done. After this game, okay?" She's a gem. Now if only she would use the darn toilet!

3 comments:

Caffeinator said...

i remember saying that phrase to my parents when i was growing up with my old-skool nintendo, playing well into the night and ignoring my homework. ah, those were the days...

Unknown said...

i am looking forward to the day when i will understand what the heck cadence is saying...but then again, i'll probably miss her nonsensical conversations too.

jon said...

Offer rewards for the toilet. That's how Cynthia got me to use it.

"I'll give you a cigarette for each time you poopy in the potty, Jon!"