Wednesday, November 1

Jack

My nephew had surgery earlier today. He had a condition called Pyloric Stenosis. You can look it up to find out more info about it.

Our family went to visit him today. He was loaded with morphine to keep him comfortable. And he awoke in time for a diaper change and his first feeding after surgery. And I saw his tiny battle scar.

Although I know he is going to be fine from now on, I couldn't help but cry for him and even the baby he was sharing a room with who also had surgery today for the same condition. Jack is such a trooper...such a good boy.

Please pray for him in the next couple of days as he recovers. Pray that he will adjust smoothly with his feedings and he will find joy in eating again. Pray for my sister and Alex as well, that God will give them strength in many forms that only He can give so they can give their best to Jack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jina and I slept at home last night and my mom watched Jack. She said he slept the whole night, ate every time and did not throw up once! And he has had no more morphine!

Trooper Jack!