Thursday, January 11

Working 9-12

No, I haven't started a new job, but Kate does make Jae and I work in the evenings. It seems her "grizzly" hours are from 9pm-midnight. I'm being sarcastic when I say Kate chose the perfect time to get grizzly...right after Ellie's in bed. They're already scheming.

Signed up to Netflix. I got my first batch of movies yesterday. Thank heaven we have a month to view them...I'm still working on Alias, though I guess Alias can wait since they are mine, but I only have 2 more episodes to go and I've already seen the last one, but I have yet to see the bonus features. Maybe another time.

Ellie kept saying "The water is glass. Your coffee's not glass." I had to think about this one. She meant that water is clear...coffee is not.

I wasn't sure what to make out of President Bush's "Plan of Action" last night. Partly due to Ellie who kept asking if I wanted to watch Elmo. "I want to listen to the president, Ellie." Then she looked at me like I was nuts...all with good reason, I guess. Elmo would definitely have been more informative.

3 comments:

Caffeinator said...

it's probably a good thing you didn't watch the prez's speech - hard to believe that he thinks this revised strategy will make a difference...

jon said...

Hi Queen!
Cynthia frequents yours and all of you Chicago bloggers' sites quite frequently. She's always telling me what you guys are up to.
During one of her blog frenzy days, she discovered that are even less than six degrees of separation between you and us.
If she takes the link to the pumpkin site (whom she feels is someone you know or are related to), she can then take a link to the site of one rock and roll lactating momma (whom she also seems to think is in your Chicago circle). While on the rock and roll site the other day, she happened to read about the momma talking about someone named Michelle, and then saw the link to the Kusplanet blog. This all seemed to ring a bell. She went to this Kus blog, and sure enough, recognized her name. Michelle is going to be a bridesmaid in Cynthia's sister's wedding. Apparently this Michelle and Cynthia's sister, Melissa, are very close friends.
See, I think that's less than six. My head hurts now from trying to remember it all.

Anonymous said...

hi, jon! yep, cynthia tracked me down! dang, that's impressive! tell mel i said hi and that i lost two more pounds this week in preparation for the bridesmaid dress! =)