Tuesday, February 13

Journey to the coffee pot

Everything seems like a journey after having fractured my ankle.

Getting to the coffee pot for an extra cup of joe seems like a 3 mile hike, especially since Jae's taken it upstairs! How rude!

But I now have a newfound love of wheelchairs...not a big fan of crutches. My armpits hurt and I'm discovering new muscles. AND here's the big kicker, I'm dying to clean the house!

I have to say Ellie's been such a big help. She patted my ankle to make it feel better after she offered to give me her Hello Kitty band-aid. And to get upstairs, I have to sit on the stairs and scoot myself up backwards each step, while I'm doing this, Ellie walks up next to me and cheers "You can do it Mom! You can do it! Yeah!" This whole experience was also a good opp. to teach Ellie about the parts of the body. Excellent.

Well, at least I can finally watch those movies that's been sitting around for 3 weeks now...oh...careful what you wish for.

Having dislocated my shoulder in the past, I can say with confidence that I'd rather lose an arm than a leg.

1 comment:

Caffeinator said...

i got confused when jae said you broke your fibula...i thought you broke your arm. guess i have to brush up on my human anatomy terminology. sorry to hear about your accident, hope you're feeling better. i'd pull out the corny phrase "have a nice trip, see you next fall", but i don't want any of my bones broken...