Monday, June 25

32

I had a great birthday weekend and some pretty good gifts. My hubby took me to Botanical Gardens in the morning and then we had a nice quiet dinner and cake. I got a gift card to buy much needed size 5 shoes that only Nordstrom seems to carry, flip flops, and a picture album to capture the day, but the best gift from Jae was being able to sleep in. He got up nice and early with the kids while I slept comfy cozy in my bed...ahhhh.

My sis and bro reserved a Harry Potter book for me as well as a gift card to Barnes and Noble and The Golden Snitch and Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans. Yum-O! I have to say Black Pepper was my favorite...good with pasta. Then my second favorite flavor is Earwax. Soap and Dirt tastes like soap and dirt. I don't have the courage to try Vomit, Earthworm, or Booger. I tried to pursuade Ellie to eat Sausage since she loves the real thing, but she refused it and opted for Rotten Egg then spit it out half-way through chewing it. Her face was priceless. I should have had a camera ready. Jae liked Pickle.

The months of May and June have been quite nasty for me. Lots of ailments. Lots of time to think about dumb, sad things. I hope the rest of the summer picks up. It's getting depressing.

No comments: