Tuesday, February 12

Call me Patchy

Prologue:
My skin's been reacting so wierd since around Thanksgiving time. I've been breaking out in rashes mostly on my arms and legs and developed some kind of tiny blisters on my fingers. I scratched my pinky so much, it became infected twice so I've had to take antibiotics. My eyes even became itchy to the point where they became blodshot. After many creams and no relief, I finally decided to go see a dermatologist about my eczema which I've never had until I hit my mid twenties...(must be Jae) tee hee hee.

The little itchy blisters on my fingers turned out to be something called dishydrotic eczema. I've gotten cream for it. All is well. Not much I can do to prevent it besides keeping my hands moisturized. The infections all cleared up. The dermatologist tells me the itchy spots on my eyes and perhaps my arms and legs are some form of allergic reaction (contact dermatitis), another form of eczema. Great. He said nothing to do but avoid touching what was causing it. Only thing, we will never know what the heck my skin is reacting to...so henceforth, I've decided to take a patch test. Basically, the doctor put five patches on my back, each patch containing ten different elements my skin could be reacting to...50 in all folks. The patches were put on yesterday and I'm to wear them til tomorrow and not allowed to scratch it.

It's torture people. My back is so itchy, I can't stand it. All the patches feel itchy. I've been playing video games to distract myself. I think I've gotten ten stars on Super Mario galaxy. I can not wait to get these suckers off. Oh, one other thing, I am not allowed to shower until the patches come off either. E-gads.

I drop off Ellie at school in the morning then heading straight to the dermatologist!

By the way, anyone need a dermatologist, let me know. Nice doctors.

No comments: