Monday, February 23

Costume category killed me!

Last night's Oscars was the very first Oscars in which my husband and I filled out the ballot. Our results were pretty miserable, but being the closet gambler that I am, leading Jae in the results, I suggested we place a wager on the winner of most correct answers. Hmmm...what do I want when I win? Nothing! Jae kicked my butt. And being the dorks that we are, we analyzed and studies our answers and came to this conclusion...I got slammed in the technical categories and the big kicker was Costume! I second-guessed myself. I hoped the Academy wouldn't have been that predictable! Two-thirds way through the Oscars, Jae was already searching for his new iTouch.

Do you think we will ever witness the Oscars without a political speech? It always makes me sad and angry when I hear the gay/lesbian community say that God has rejected them when in fact, it is the gay/lesbian community who has rejected God. I hate how celebrities twist God's Holy word and purpose based on what? Their knowledge of what? We'll see how much shame there is when Sean Penn comes face to face with His Maker.

No comments: