Saturday, July 16

Midnight

I went to Barnes where my hyung boo works and picked up the Harry Potter book at Midnight! Whoo hoo! Exciting times.

There were more kids there than I expected. As soon as we (my sister and I) walked in to the store, one of the employees was handing out Harry Potter glasses. Very cute. We instantly put them on as many other fans in the store had done. We then proceeded to the "check in" area where we stood in line behind a mom and her 2 daughters (I assume). The lady at the desk jokingly said to one of her daughters, "you can't get a book unless you wear the Harry Potter glasses." The girl looked at her mom as if to ask, "Do I have to?", and of course her mom insisted she wear the glasses for fun.

The lady at the table trying to pursuade her once again said, "C'mon! Everyone's wearin' them." Then the girl turned around to the store to see what kind of fool would actually wear the glasses and looked to me. I had my glasses on. She gave a hidden chuckle and crinkled her eyebrows at the sight of me. She then wailed, "Noooooooo!" while managing to smile at the same time...I said to the little girl, "Don't worry. You won't look as bad as me." Everyone found my comment to be funny except the girl...she sped off at an instant.

Then some moronic idiots in a car sped by Barnes honking and flagging a cheap poster board that read, "Losers!". I thought, who are the real losers?...the ones at the bookstore or the ones who had nothing better to do on a Friday night but to prepare a lame sign and drive by a bookstore?

No comments: