Tuesday, December 13

I'm a Film Critic!

It's close to midnight which means i'm sleeping early tonight. I usually crash at 1 or 2 am. Insomnia, perhaps or just too much on my mind? I foolishly drank coffee after a wonderful night out watching Narnia. Why foolish? Cuz it was around 10pm when I drank it, but thankfully i'm tired.

Just wanted to jot down these thoughts before my mind drifts off into dreamland...I've been spoiled magically. What do i mean? Narnia was all the magic and wonder I expected to experience from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, but did not. After watching 3 versions of Harry Potter series on the silver screen, I started to think about who and where and how each character and plot would unfold as if I were the director myself when I read books 4,5, and 6. So I think when I went to see Goblet of Fire, I was disappointed tremendously because it wasn't directed in the same fashion as my mind had directed it, which may explain why I enjoyed Harry Potter 1,2, and 3 since I saw the movies before reading the book, except book 3. Prisoner of Azkaban was wonderfully directed with beautiful music. How music makes the movie!

Anyway, I think that's what I meant when I said, "The magic is gone." when I came out of the theaters. I was spoiled or bombarded with special effects that the focus of the inner struggle Harry had seemed to play 2nd place to a fast paced "entertaining" movie. But these are my opinions at midnight...and I'm still a huge fan of Harry Potter. I have 2 Harry Potter posters taped to the wall on my left and I also have a Harry Potter Lego building toy which was a wonderful and thoughtful gift. I'm looking forward to reading the final book and watching them all on the silver screen.

Narnia was a great movie. Tears galore!

1 comment:

debbie said...

you're talking about your tears, right? :P