Wednesday, January 18

Pretty Daddy

So as I was abruptly awakened by some little 2 year old, I hear a door shut. It was 7:45am; Jae must have left for work. Then Ellie dragged me out of the room and asked to see daddy. I told her daddy had gone to work already, but she insisted I go check the bedroom. We looked at the empty bed together and once again I told Ellie that daddy went to work, then I heard a sudden "thump" and a shower running. Ah...Jae was in the shower. The sound of the door shutting was the linen closet after Jae got his towel. He actually closed a door! Amazing!

Anyways, I went about my normal morning routine...walking aimlessly around the house as my family demanded things from me; Ellie-"want nilk (milk) please, want nilk."---Chloe announcing she had finished fertilizing our lawn and now ready to come inside by howling as if she had a nail in her paw.---Jae in a mad dash down the steps in nothing but a towel towards the laundry room to grab...underwear, I hope! And he managed to squeeze in"Where's my coffee?" and ran back upstairs. Yeah, you better run! All this before I even had a chance to pee, and still disoriented, walking aimlessly around the house.

Not 5 minutes later Jae came downstairs to fix his hair with some gel. Ellie looked on. When he was done, Ellie said, "Oh! Pretty Daddy!" That made me laugh...because it's true.

So I think I managed alright this morning. Who cares if Chloe's wearing a diaper, Ellie's drinking coffee on the couch and Jae's in the backyard with a cup of nilk?

2 comments:

debbie said...

amen, sista! who cares just as long as they're all accounted for.

Caffeinator said...

ellie's drinking coffee already? wow, they grow up fast...

next time chloe should get the nilk and jae the...diaper...nah, that doesn't come until later.