Tuesday, February 21

Oh Well

I took a visit to see a friend in the city...another friend leaving me...it's nothing new, yet i still can't get used to it. I wonder why God places certain people in my life for only a moment. What have I to gain from temporary laughter though the memory of it lives on forever? What can I do but take on my daughter's wisdom and just say, "Oh well." She is brilliant.

Although I hate goodbyes, I enjoyed the trip cuz I didn't drive...took the train into the city...played Sudoku on the way there, looked out the window on my way back. It could have been a Good Will Hunting moment if I didn't fall asleep with my mouth half open...so it was more of a Homer Simpson moment...drool...aaaggghhhh....Ha ha! You thought this post was going somewhere, didn't you? Ha ha! This is how the Park family deals with life...we make fun of it...there would have been no other way to survive! If my character was on Lost, every other sentence would be a punch-line and I, thrown into the ocean by episode 4.

3 comments:

Caffeinator said...

dang man, what happened to the queen???

jon said...

I get attached to things and people. I was a little sad to leave a job that I really didn't enjoy doing any more.

Anonymous said...

Wany...I have your e-mail staring at me..waiting for me to write back every time I go to the computer. It has been a horrific term at school and studies, work, husband, kids and housework have about killed me this quarter! I have a break in 2 WEEKS!!!!! I can hardly stand the wait! I will e-mail you then. Hope you are OK. It has been a while since you posted. Must go. I am in my computer class at school stealing a couple of moments of personal time..tee hee. jon's wife..cynthia