Wednesday, October 24

Ready

I was ready to work on Schwinn today after the kids went down for bed, but Kate took longer to put down than usual. I think she's getting uncomfortable sleeping in our arms, but she still wants to be rocked. The solution was to put her in the crib and just sit next to her without any stimulation and eye contact while putting her back down if she sat up. She sat up I think about 20 times, she thought it was a game, smiling at me, then finally got the message. She babbled for a bit, scratched the wallpaper with her finger and settled down for dreamland. It was pleasant and hopefully she'll start falling asleep sooner as the days go by. I am on "put Kate down for bed" duty for the next week at least while Jae is reinstated to Ellie.

Anyways, I got 2 more pumpkins today and found a great template to use. I can't wait to get started on it. I'm also going to attempt to make a spooky window silhouette. I guess Schwinn will have to wait at least another day, but I do have a plan to ride Schwinn for an hour every day and increase the resistance or speed every week.

Ellie's also gotten this health-kick fever. She told Jae not to eat too much junk food after I mentioned how much caffeine he's taken this morning. It was sweet...watching out for Daddy.

1 comment:

jon said...

No stimulation or eye contact? quit reading those "How to" guides to parenting.
and health? vodka shots and smokes, that's all the health you need.

technically, that was not a heckle. just advice.